Sep 13, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

This is one of our absolute favorite recipes! My crock-pot has recently become my best kitchen friend. I love that I can throw everything into one pot, turn it on and in just a few hours time my home smells good. When we finally sit down to eat, it's tasty too!

This recipe is just for two people, but you can easily tailor it to feed more if need too.

Slower Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

Ingredients:

2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 TBSP butter
1 can Cream of Chicken soup (10.75 oz)
1 1/2 cups (roughly) frozen mixed veggies
1 tube refridgerated "mini" biscuit dough

Directions:

1. Place the chicken, butter, soup and veggies in slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.

2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on high. About 45 minutes before serving, place the "mini" biscuits in the slow cooker. Cook until dough is no longer raw in the center.

2 comments:

katie+brandon said...

mmm, that sounds good! I think I'll give it a try. How is it if you cut the chicken into little pieces?

RaeLynn said...

Perfect, I'm making this for dinner tomorrow. Seriously.