Jan 18, 2010

What We've Been Up To

We have never been so busy in our lives as we have in the past few moths. I thought that with the holidays being over our schedule would calm down. Ha! What a bunch of baloney. We're both super busy with our callings, work and finding time to just sit on the couch next to eachother and stare at the wall. Last week I worked three nights in a row at B&N and it nearly killed me. My feet still haven't recovered! I think I'm wearing the wrong shoes. I'm working again there tonight, and that'll be it for this week. Woo hoo! I love the job, but three nights a week is a bit too much for me. It's my own dang fault though, cause I volunteered to work the extra two nights. I've learned my lesson.

This past weekend we watched this movie:



If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. The food in the movie looks amazing, so make sure you have a bunch of snacks on hand! It was really cute and it made me think about my life and what I'm doing with it. I really loved it and am definitely going to buy it and watch it again. There were parts that had both Jared and I laughing out loud. I love movies!

This year the Peterson family decided to do "Peterson Biggest Loser" and I did all right the first week, but last week was awful. I didn't exercise at all (too tired) and ate out way more than I was should have. Despite all that, I've lost 5 lbs. since the beginning of the year. Not quite sure what I'm doing! Whatever it is, I like it.

This week we've both got mutual to go to, Jared's cousin is getting married on Thurs night and I've got a few baby showers to go to this weekend. One of which, I'm actually throwing. What do you guys like to do at baby showers? I've only been to one in my whole life, so I have no idea.

My sister, who is in Brazil, sent a bunch of pics this week. The very first one was of a detached cow's head sitting in a wheel barrel. Blood, guts and all. I thought about posting it, but I know a few of you are pregnant and I didn't want to unnecessarily make you sick. Thanks to my sister for that lovely mental image that will never leave my head now. The past couple of weeks I've really missed her. I miss being able to call her at random times and talk about random things that only sisters can talk about with eachother. Now I'm getting all teary eyed, so I'll move on!

I know this post has been jumped around, but that's really what our lives are like right now. Crazy-busy. I long for the day when I can stay home all day and do nothing. *sighs* Someday maybe!


6 comments:

katie+brandon said...

I love your posts. You make me happy.
5 lbs! Thats amazing!! Congratulations!! you really are doing a great job, I'm so proud of you! I'll have to keep you posted on my progress in the spring! It always helps to have someone to report to.
Can't wait for this weekend!!! Please don't get sick of me!

Joyce F. said...

Dear Caitlin, can you please post pics that Audrey sent? We'd love to see them!
Love, Grandma Joyce
p.s. thanks for the recipe link
p.p.s. Grandpa Ray and I are flying to Virginia on Thursday to celebrate Grandma Nora's sister Pearl's 100th birthday!

Monty and Kristin said...

Hey, the only game I like at showers is called the candy bar game. You can goggle it, but basically you buy specific candy to represent things that have to do with babies/mothers(if you google it, it will give you the list.) You give a clue like 'Twin Boys'. Then the person has to guess the answer from the group of candy...the answer..'Mike and Ike'. If they guess it they get to keep the candy. Anyway, just an idea. I've played it at 3 showers and it is a hit.

Kinzie Sue said...

5 lbs! Way to go! I wish I could actually say that I am putting forth any effort to be healthy, but alas, I'm not. You will be my inspiration!

Regina said...

Congrats on the 5 lbs! And fyi, I love your book blog, I had forgottena bout it but I am adding it to my favorites!

Veronica Peterson said...

I really want to watch the movie now. That’s awesome with your success with losing weight. It is so hard to keep a healthy life style. It seems like everything we eat is bad and it’s so hard to exercise when you have a busy schedule. I really enjoy reading your blog. Am happy we can keep in touch with blogging. Good luck with the baby shower. Anything you do will be fun.