Jun 8, 2009

Ethan's Graduation


My "little" brother Ethan graduated high school on Friday!! The ceremony was short and sweet and it was awesome to be able to be there for this special occasion. His school does this weird thing where they rent the graduation gowns. So after the ceremony was over they had to give the gowns back! So we didn't get to do the traditional cap, gown and diploma pic.. but that's okay. At least he was wearing a green tie so that made up for it. His school colors are green and gold, and the guys wore green cap and gowns and the girls wore gold (I mistakenly called it yellow and was chastised... my bad) cap and gowns. Utah has weird graduations. They split the guys and girls up, they wear different colored caps and gowns, and they don't sit alphabetically. Plus, they have a bazillion musical numbers! I don't think I had any musical numbers at my graduation. Just one really, really long salutorian speech. I'm still recovering.

Anyway, that night we went to Texas Roadhouse for the big celebration dinner. It was.. not great. I'd heard really great things about this restaurant and how awesome it is but I was not impressed. Both Ethan and I got sick afterwards. So.. I may not repeat that experience.

CONGRATS BRO!!

2 comments:

Chelsie Brady said...

Hey! I didn't realize you were a blogger, too! I've been really bad lately, but I'm hoping to get back into it now that summer is here. How are you guys doing? You're looking cute as ever. What's new for the Petersons?

The Rich's said...

cute pic with your bro. Sorry your experience was bad...i could go there and JUSt eat the rolls and honey butter that they give you to start...hope you are feeling better...