1. Jared and I spent a few days in Monterey, CA last week and we had SO MUCH FUN. There are actually pictures to be posted, I'm just waiting for them to be sent to me. My wonderful MIL has them all on her camera, and when she sends them, I'll post them! We went with my in-laws, and Jared and his dad spent a few days at Meachum auto auction, and Lynette and I shopped and ate. The weather was beautiful, the company was fantastic and we have memories that will last us for the rest of our lives. Isn't family the best?!
2. I have really been enjoying my time at home. Baby making really wears me out! I have watched more crime shows in the last few weeks than I ever have in my life combined. I need to start watching some education shows or something. I have been doing a little bit of reading, but mostly I'm just out of the reading vibe. I don't know what my deal is. I've also figured out that there is absolutely nothing on in the mornings. Besides news, and who wants to watch that?
3. Jared has been traveling a ton this month. He spent the first week of Aug in Pittsburgh, then we went on vacation last week and then next week he's headed to Dallas (so jealous!). He's been having a stressful few days at work. How do you all handle husbands that come home stressed out from work? The only thing I've figured out is to just have the house clean, dinner waiting and give him the remote and let him zone out in front of the TV for a few hours. I feel bad, because really.. there's not a single thing I can do to help. Bummer!
4. I am craving Fall. I am so ready to get out my pumpkins and my Fall decor. I can't wait for the weather to cool down and for the leaves to change color. I keep watching the Harry Potter movies because it gives me enough of my Fall fix to be patient for a few more days. When is it socially acceptable to start decorating for Fall? I'm thinking Sept 1st.... ;-)
5. On Friday I'm officially 26 weeks! 14 weeks until the big day! I am so excited. I am actually taking my glucose test at my dr's appt tomorrow. I've heard horror stories about it, so hopefully it'll go all right. I'm also hoping to have Jared take a pic of me, since I'm starting to look like a total blimp. I am all belly in this pregnancy! I was over at my mom's house yesterday, and my brother was there as well and he actually asked me if I'd lost some weight. I thought that was a crazy question to ask, but whatev. I'll take it! As of my last dr's appt I've only gained 4lbs. We'll see what the magic number is tomorrow.
6. I absolutely love feeling her move. It's one of the most wonderful things about being pregnant. I'll take the lack of sleep, swelling feet and fingers and general feeling of being squished for every second of my daughter moving around inside of me. Jared actually felt her for the first time a few days ago. Her movements are getting a lot stronger, and if she does it right, I can actually see her through my shirt. She's incredibly active! If that's any indication of what kind of child she's going to be, I'm in serious trouble. I'm hoping my chasing her around will translate into me being skinny. Really hoping.
7. When I picked up Jared from the airport after his trip to Pittsburgh, we were driving out of the airport just chatting and catching up and all of the sudden he reaches over and rubs my belly. He had the hugest smile on his face and I just thought that was so sweet that he was excited to see his daughter, even though she hasn't arrived yet. There is a definite difference in her movements when he is around and talking. She's a lot calmer and quieter. She is probably going to be a total daddy's girl, which I'm really okay with. She couldn't have a better daddy to love!
8. Have you noticed that I have a one track mind these days? I hope everyone has a great weekend!