May 13, 2010

Cookbooks

My birthday was way back when, but I wanted to share a few things that I received. It was themed this year: cookbooks and baby stuff. The baby stuff I can't use for a little while, but it makes me happy to look at our growing pile of baby stuff sitting in the closet. Who knew that a box of diapers could bring such peace to my soul?

The first cookbook that I received for my birthday is this:



We all know of my slight obsession with this woman. I tell everyone I know about her site, and I've gotten my mom hooked on her as well. Have you read her love story? It's amazing! She's writing it into a book, and she mentioned in a post one day that the movie rights have already been sold. The rumor is that Reese Witherspoon is going to play Ree!

Anyway, like everything else she does, her cookbook is amazing. I can't wait to try some of her recipes. Jared and I are good ol' meat and potato lovers, and her recipes match our style. They're simple and delicious and make my heart go pitter pat. I'm thinking I might try her meat loaf first... it has bacon on it! Anything with bacon is bound to be yummy.

The other cookbook I received is this:



Awhile back I did a post on the movie, which I loved, and I was so excited to find out that I was getting the cookbook that inspired such a wonderful story. I spent a night reading through it to find out what kind of recipes it contained. The recipes in this cookbook are not very simple! But you know what? That's okay. Sometimes it's good to stretch and challenge ourselves, and my favorite way to do that is with a new recipe. Some of the recipes in this book look so delicious though. There are very few pictures, so I had to use my imagination. Thankfully, that works just fine and I have visions of these wonderfully cooked French meals. Yum!

Now if only I had the energy to cook.... ;-)

2 comments:

Regina said...

A box of diapers warms my heart too! Start stocking up now! I love PW also, and her recipes are just my style. Simple and with lots of butter! Glad you had a good bday!!

Amy J said...

I concur...start stocking up on diapers in all sizes! And I love, love, love PW. I want her cookbook!