Jun 11, 2009

SYTYCD Opening Night

I have a huge dilemma. I really like almost all the dancers this season!! I'm having a hard time narrowing down my top fav's, but here they are so far:

Randi, who oddly enough, teaches my boss's daughter at dance school. So there's a slight connection there, even though I've never met her. But I'm really impressed by her dancing! Her and Evan's dance last night was just so beautiful.

The most unusual dance last night was the crash dummy test dance. Whoa! Talk about creativity. I personally never would have come up with that in a million years. I think he was absolutely amazing though!

Whoa.. did you see the samba last night? Hot stuff!! I'm pretty partial to latin ballroom, and I can admire the talent you must have to not have any prior knowledge and come out looking like a pro. Plus, she's gorgeous and that doesn't hurt either. AND.. I really love that her family supports her 100%.

Okay, this guy is just cute. And he was SPOT ON on the Bollywood dance. I'm not sure if that's the correct name, but you get the gist. Wow! I think he's going to go far for sure.

And last, but definitely not least.. is Evan. SUPER, SUPER CUTE!! I love his fun style and he also did amazing in the jazz routine with Randi! He's just so adorable. I felt really bad that in last week's show when they picked the top 20 they pitted him against his brother. Awful! Everyone absolutely loves the show and they didn't need to add that drama to it.

And there you have it. My favorite dance of last night was probably.. hmm.. Evan and Randy's jazz/contemporary number. Followed closely by the crash dummy dance. Only b/c they were brilliant at it and it was so unusual. I'm going to a bbq party tonight, so I won't be able to watch the results show but I'll definitely be catching up online. I always feel bad for the first couple that gets cut, since they don't really have a chance to shine. Just goes to show that first impressions are everything. I'm exited to see what next week brings!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

First off I'm so pissed my tivo didn't record last night!!! SO just off Hollywood week I like Randi...I have to see if I can find the show to watch from last night! :(

Michelle said...

Nevermind...it did tape...yea! So I'll get back to you on my opinion...

The Rich's said...

if you ever can't watch a show, i have them all recorded..you are more than welcome to mosey on over on a lunch break...with DVR the results shows are only 40 minutes! I did love their jazz dance...and i think the guy in the bollywood dance is going to go far...love that show...

Andy, Nikki, and Grant said...

I am going for Evan! i really wanted his brother. but he is my favorite right now!