Nov 23, 2008

GO UTES!!!

Last night we had the privilege of attending the UofU vs. BYU football game. The game was really fun, it was really cold and the Utes won! I guess now that makes them the conference champions and they now go on to play in some big bowl game. Not sure which one, I'm not that up to date on my football trivia. Anyway, the game was really exciting except for the last three minutes of the game when I think BYU just gave up since there was no way they could catch up. The fans were intense! We were sitting in the student section, and there was a group of BYU fans standing somewhat behind us and they were razzed the whole game. The group of guys in front of us were completely drunk, and kept putting more alcohol into their cokes. I felt like telling them, you might as well as give up the pretense of not being drunk and just drink straight from the bottle! A fight almost broke out between another group of guys in front of us towards the end of the game. Anyway, it was almost as exciting watching the people around us as it was watching the game.

This is a picture of us before we got super cold. Next time, I'm definitely going to bring a blanket! It was a fun season, and even though Jared and I are not into football, it was fun to go to the games and support our school.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

We were watching the game at home (well Dustin was anyway)and wondering if you guys were there. Glad you had fun!!

Regina said...

Hey Caitlin! I am glad you left a comment, of course I remember you! I didn't know you went to UofU, how fun! We watched the game here in TX! We LOVE footbal,so that sounds like a blast! (minus the drunks)

The Rich's said...

Glad nobody got hurt! Glad nobody threw their cokes (i say that because at a BYU game my brother in law threw his coke when he got mad...yyeah, those around h im were PIsseD! hehe!!!

randivon said...

Yeah... so, I remember how heated those games could get back when I was at the "Y"... it is part of the reason that going to live games is hard for me... I get too emotionally involved. But it sounds like fun for you all! :-) Thanks for saying hi to me... it is good to see what you are up to... you look great... and happy. (Is that enough "..."'s for you??) Anywho, keep up the blogging!