I can't believe four months have gone by already! We celebrated by getting shots. My favorite thing (hope you're sensing the sarcasm here). Her stats are:
Height: 23in (39%)
Weight: 11lbs 10oz (10%)
Those percentages are without adjusting them for her shorter gestational period. Not that I care so much about the "charts", but it's nice to know that she is at least on them. I was nervous to look for a new pediatrcian without any recommendations, but it all worked out. I love J's new pediatrician! The appt actually made me realize that I didn't really like her old one. He made too many jokes and I never felt like he took my questions seriously. Her new pediatrician is very practical and answered my questions thoroughly. Plus, she was probably the happiest doctor I've ever seen! Some things about Janae at her four month mark:
1. She is finally sleeping through the night! I feed her at 9:30, put her down whenever she is done and she'll sleep until anywhere from 5:30 to 6:30amShe still wakes up a few times at night, screaming for her binks, but I am going to start letting her cry it out this week. It's not good for either one of us for me to keep getting up and putting the binks back in her mouth.
2. She eats a ton! She has six bottles a day, all at 5oz. Needless to say, she is taking up a huge chunk of our food budget. Her doc said that we can start trying to feed her rice cereal, but I'm not entirely sure she's ready for that yet. She can sit up and hold her head up, but after a few minutes she starts bobbling around. Plus, she has shown zero interest in what we're eating. But then again... she doesn't seem to be as satisfied with just formula bottles anymore. I'm going to get some tomorrow and maybe try her out at dinner and see how she does. Who knows? Maybe she'll surprise me and end up loving it.
3. As I said, she can sit up really well now. Well, "assisted" sitting up. She also started to stand this week, when we hold her on our laps. She doesn't last very long, but it's a start!
4. She has found her hand. She looks at it all the time, as well as sucks on it. She has also started putting toys in her mouth. Which also frustrates her because she hasn't learned to grip quite yet, and so she doesn't actually ever get anything in her mouth on her own.
5. She is in this weird stage of needing to be entertained all the time. She can't just lay on her play mat and play with her toys, I have to be there with her. I'm not sure if that's a stage thing, a Janae thing, or if that's just because she's still getting used to the new surroundings. Hoping she grows out of it soon...
6. She is smiling and cooing, and it makes all her grumpy moments (which are many) worth it. She's just not a chill kid, she cries at pretty much anything. Mostly when she is doing something she doesn't want to do. I have a feeling she is going to be a total toad in her toddler years. At the rate we're going, I forsee many temper tantrums thrown and battles between the two of us.
It's a weird transition stage for both of us, I think. She doesn't sleep as much, so I spend more time of my day playing with her. Which I love doing, I just haven't figured out how to work all of the other things I have to do around it yet. I sure do love her, grumpy-drama-temper-tantrums and all! She brings so much joy to our life and we couldn't imagine life without her.