Nov 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

I wanted to type this post up before the eating fest begins tomorrow. We're having Thanksgiving with Jared's family and based on how full my SIL's fridge is, I think it's going to be an all day... adventure. Jared may or may not have to roll me home. ;-)

1. First and foremost, I'm so incredibly grateful for my little family. Jared and I have had our fair share of struggles in our marriage, and there is no other man on earth I would struggle and suffer with than him. He is my best friend, my rock, my confidante and he constantly pushes me to be the best I can be. If there is such a thing as soul mates, he would be mine in every way. And Janae.. oh, how I love her. There is nothing that could have prepared me for how much I would love this little girl. And with her traumatic arrival in this world, that love is all the sweeter. I'm incredibly grateful that she's alive and healthy. I will probably never know in this lifetime why she had to go through what she did, but I will always be grateful for her presence and for the opportunity I have to be her mother. She is such a sweet girl and I am so in love with her!

2. I'm grateful for our home. We don't have much, and it's not the best decorated... but it's ours. We can shut the door against the world and our home becomes our sanctuary, our place of peace. I am happiest when the three of us are home, just being together.

3. I'm grateful for health insurance. The system is not perfect, but if we didn't have it we would be drowning in medical bills. Probably for the rest of our lives. Even though Janae's birth was a greater financial burden than we had planned, a lot of it was alleviated by our wonderful health insurance.

4. I'm grateful for all of the little blessings and amenities that make my life so much easier: electricity, washer/dryer, my beloved Tahoe, vacuum's, hot water, toilet paper, peanut M&M's and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Yum!

5. I would be a crazy person not to recognize and be thankful for the gospel and for everything that entails. I would be lost without it. It gives me direction and values to live my life by.

This is an incredibly short list, but I feel like it covers all the high points. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and I see His hand in my life everyday. I love that we have a specific holiday every year that forces us to recognize this and be grateful for everything that we have. We truly are blessed!

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

Thanks for sharing. I love the way you can write your feelings. You cracked me up with the peanut M&M's comment. Have you tried them frozen? Oh so good.

We do have so much to be thankful for!!