Aug 30, 2010

A Monumental Task

Jared works in the shipping industry, and because of that, the last few months of the year are particularly horrific busy. I see him for a few hours in the morning before he leaves for work and that's it. He comes home long after I've gone to bed. I have become a pro at sleepily muttering "I love you baby" in the five seconds after he slips into bed and before he crashes in complete exhaustion. I spend a ton of time alone, and I've noticed in the last few days I've begun talking out loud while reading a book. Not reading out loud, but talking to the characters out loud. All I need is a bunch of a cats and my image as the crazy cad lady will be set!

To keep myself busy and to make the time move along a little quicker, I've been making a list of all the projects I want to get done before Baby Girl arrives. The weather should be pretty nice this week, and so that means I can work around the house without sweating to death. So, I'm going to throw open the windows and enjoy the cool weather, bake some yummy treats, throw on some good tunes and work on my first project (which is our third bedroom, but it's completely unusable, as you'll see below):




Gulps.

What am I getting myself into?

3 comments:

katie+brandon said...

haha. I know how you feel. It's hard work but it feels amazing to get done!!!

You're such a good woman. I couldn't do waht you do. Let me know if you need anything!

Jalei & Lane said...

Don't you dare work on that bedroom. It looks like a lot of moving stuff around & your pregnant lady!

Regina said...

I had a room like that too!! It was our office/junk room and I had to get it ready for Arden. BACK BREAKING, I tell you!! But it's beautiful now and so worth it. Good luck can't wait to see the progress!