Followed closely by shooting/guns is his love of engines. He's a total grease monkey. This is not an uncommon site after spending a day in the shop. He can pretty much do anything with an engine from rebuilding it completely, to minor belt repairs. We save a fortune on car repairs because he is so willing to do them himself. He's so anxious for the day when he can have his very own shop with all of his tools in one place. Someday babe, someday.
Some of his other hobbies include watching movies, cruising, shopping and most recently golfing.
The other big part of his life is the military:
He has been a member of the Utah National Guard for the last seven years. Right after we got married (and I'm talking right after), he was deployed for a whole long year. It was a rough deployment, simply because of his leadership and the nature of the mission. And, if we're keepin' it real, his not so great wife during the first three months (serious, I was awful. Not a stellar example of the perfect Army wife). He loves being a soldier and is very patriotic (AND he looks good in his uniform). He loves to hang with his battle buddies and talk shop. We've made some life long friends among said battle buddies.
Here are some random tidbits I love about him:
1. He is the hardest working person I know. He does his absolute best at everything he does, and he doesn't quit until the job is finished.
2. He hates it when drawers or cupboard doors are left open. I try my hardest but I will inevitably leave something open and then I hear about it. All day.
3. He does not believe in fat pants. He will wear his regular clothes all day/night and is perfectly comfortable in them. I don't get it. How can you not love fat pants?
4. He is super clean. Almost to the point of OCD clean (I think he gets that from his *coughs* dad *coughs*). But the great thing is.. he is willing to clean! I have my one area where he's not allowed to touch and I can keep it as messy as I want, but for the most part he cleans the house (does that make me a bad wife? When he starts working full time I'll pick it back up again, I promise).
5. He likes thick blankets. Even in the summer when it's boiling hot in our apartment, he'll have a thick blanket on. So during the summer we share a bed but not a blanket, as I don't feel the same way
6. When he reads, he reads self help/finance books. Those are his favorite. He is always looking for ways to do things better or improve himself/ourselves.
7. When I suggest something and he says "we'll pray about it" that means NO. Not only a no, but a BIG FAT NO.
8. He served an LDS mission for two years in England. After he got home, he and his immediate family went over there for a visit. Hopefully someday we'll do the same, except I want to go to London and his response is "we'll pray about it".
9. He thinks I'm crazy sometimes. Especially when I'm reading a good book or watching SYTYCD. Then he just shakes his head at me and smiles. I would love to know what he's actually thinking but I'm afraid to ask.
10. He is... amazing and the love of my life. I'm so lucky!