Feb 26, 2009

What's for dinner?

Well, I'll tell you. I made a new pasta recipe last night for dinner and I was tempted to share that with you but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to post the delicious dinner we had tonight. So easy, so good, so budget friendly.


Salsa Chicken

Chicken
Taco Seasoning
Salsa
Cheddar Cheese
Sour Screm (optional)


Preheat oven to 350.
Place thawed chicken in a pan (however much you think your family will eat), sprinkle taco seasoning over all. Spread salsa over all. Bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear. Sprinkle cheese on top, put back in oven for 2-3 minutes or until melted. Put a dollop of sour cream on top.


That's it! I promise you will not regret it if you give this recipe a try. I usually serve this with yellow rice:
that you can buy in the Mexican food aisle of any grocery store.

Since I came home feeling ambitious and motived to bake, I tried a new cookie recipe. I found it here, but I'll share it in this post as well.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 3/4 cups chocolate morsels
1 cup quick or old-fasioned oats
1/2 raisins (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in alrge mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture and milk. Stir in morsels, oats and raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake 10 - 14 minutes or until edges are crisp but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.


I have never made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies before, so I'm not sure if this recipe will be my favorite, or just good. I will have to hunt some more and try some other recipes out! Oh, darnit. ;-)

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Kenna said...

Sounds Yummy! I think i'll try this tonight for dinner for my family. You always have great yummy food ideas. Also sorry again about VT this month, i'll getcha sometime. I hope you and your hubs have a wonderful weekend.

Michelle said...

Cait...send me your e-mail address and I will get you that pic of B that you want. :)