Feb 20, 2009

Snowboarding Adventures

My dad had given us all (my siblings, Jared & I) tickets to go snowboarding at a local resort. Anyway, we went on V-Day and these are pics of the grand event!

From left to right: Ethan, Audrey, Me & Zach. We're standing in front of the lodge at Solitude.
Again, us in front of the ski lift. This was the one up to the real runs, which we didn't do!

No, that is not a cool move I'm doing. That is me about to fall on my knees, which ya' know, hurts. Part of the package that we go included a 1/2 day ski lesson, so this is us learning before we hit the slopes.

Long distance shot on the ski lift.

Close up shot on the ski lift. That part was pretty fun. Not a whole lot of work on my part, and it was very relaxing to just sit there and let it float you up the mountain.

Zach, who actually turned out to be pretty good for a first timer.

This is the mess we always created getting off the ski lift and onto the slopes. Zach had just run into me. Getting a snowboard up my butt was definitely a high hope for the day. ;-)

And finally, the hubby and I in all our gear! It was super cold that day, but perfect snowboarding weather. I will probably not do it again, but it was fun to spend the day with everyone and at try it out. I had several bruises and was so incredibly sore on Sunday, but it was worth it!!

4 comments:

Meagan said...

well you are tougher than i was my first time...I was complaning the entire time! I don't like to be cold, I don't like to fall, and I don't like not doing things well....so snowboarding not so much for me! But it looks fun from far away!!!
by the way it's like 80 here today... ha ha!

Pierce and Stacy said...

Oh, how fun! I have never been snowboarding and I know I'd just be on my backside all day. Skiing just isn't the same. And I totally don't like the cold either.

Veronica Peterson said...

Wow.... lot's of snow! It does look very cold. You’re brave to snowboard. I’ve never snowboard and I think I never will.

The Rich's said...

you might not do it again but those were CUTE PICTURES!!!! And you don't have to admit to anyone that you weren't doing a super cool snowboard move....!!! haha, cut epics, glad you guys had fun and now at least you can say you have tried it!!